Valentine's Day with Baby!
Hello lovelies! Happy Valentine’s Day!! Today usually consists of fun, flowers, maybe a romantic dinner (and don’t forget CHOCOLATE) – but what happens when you are a new mommy or mom-to-be? No worries, we can help!
For the Mom-To-Be
Depending on where you are in pregnancy, Valentine’s Day can mean a nice romantic dinner where you can still get dressed up (our Cinch or Atlas can help!), or it can mean a relaxing, laid back night in the comfort of your home. We think both of these are great options- but have listed out some ideas below to make the night a little more festive and extra special. Pregnancy is something worth celebrating!
- Make the Morning Festive! For those lucky enough to be able to sleep in on Valentine’s Day- that in itself is a treat! For those that need to go to work, or be up with your partner in the morning why not make a LOVEly breakfast?! (Hint: Your partner can help J ) Try something new like heart shaped waffles, or maybe even red velvet pancakes! If you don’t have time for actually making breakfast a nice Valentine-themed coffee mug works just as well.
- Treat Yourself! Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to show yourself some love. Go have a relaxing day at the spa or maybe even get a mani-pedi (Your feet will DEFINITELY thank you). **If you plan on getting a massage be sure that their table can accommodate pregnant women**
For the New Mommy
- Do What You Want-With a new baby around the house, you may not want to go out and have a special, romantic dinner for two but rather a nice, cozy night in with your newest addition! This is fine! Why not celebrate with your new love! If you do want to go out and get dressed up (it may be the first night you have a chance to) then be sure to leave your baby in good hands- and always be on call for anything that may come up.. Motherhood is an adventure!
- Have Fun! No matter what you do, have fun! Valentine’s Day is supposed to be a happy time where you are surrounded by loved ones- so why not enjoy it?! Go out with your girlfriends, have lunch in the park with your partner, do what makes you happy!
- Include your Baby! This may be obvious to you, but if this is your first Valentine’s Day with baby you MUST celebrate it! We are not saying that your baby should be third-wheeling your romantic dinner, but they should be included in some Valentine’s Day activity with you. After all, Valentine’s Day is about love, and what better way to spend it than with your new bundle of joy!
The most important rule to follow this Valentine’s Day is…. Celebrate your Baby!
Valentine’s Day is all about love- and what better way to spend it than with your new baby (or soon-to-be baby). We hope you all cherish every moment of life- whether it be throughout the special journey of pregnancy or the roller coaster ride post- baby.
Happy Valentine’s Day from all of us at The Band Specialist!!